At Earth Fair San Diego (Balboa Park)
April 28th, 2019
RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. This contest is open to persons of all ages. Any employee or family members of MESO Healthy or any company that is engaged in business with MESO Healthy and employees as well as family members of Earth Fair San Diego are not permitted to participate. None of the judges’ immediate family may participate. Contestants under the age of 18 years old may only participate so with the consent of their parent or guardian who must evidence such consent on the application form.
2. Contestants must be amateur singers or entertainers, otherwise be persons who may be involved within the entertainment industry as singers or entertainers on a part-time basis, and do not belong to any professional organization (s) connected with the entertainment industry.
3. Entries for the contest must be received online at www. MESO-HEALTHY.COM/MESOIDOL on or before by April 27th, 2019. Entries submitted online will be reviewed by a pre judging panel and a select amount of entrants will be given an opportunity to perform on the MESO Healthy stage at Earth Fair San Diego 2019.
4. NO ENTRY FEE IS REQUIRED
5. MESO Healthy has the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility. Failure to provide such proof within a reasonable time could result in disqualification from the competition. All personal details and information requested by MESO Healthy by each contestant must be truthful, accurate and in no way misleading. MESO Healthy reserves the right to disqualify any contestant from the competition or auditioning process in its sole discretion, should the contestant at any stage supply untruthful, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information or should the contestant be ineligible for the competition pursuant to these rules.
6. By submission of an application and entering into this contest, each contestant represents and warrants his or her compliance with these rules and regulations. No contestant will be permitted to audition unless he or she has acknowledged and agreed to these rules and regulations.
7. By entering, each contestant agrees that MESO Healthy and their successors and assigns have the right to use their names, likenesses, and images of all persons performing for future advertising, promotion and publicity in any manner and in any medium now known or hereafter devised in perpetuity.
8. By participating in this contest, contestants agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges. MESO Healthy is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the administration of the contest or in the announcement of the prize.
Auditions & Performance
9. Auditions will take place at Earth Fair San Diego on the MESO Healthy EarthStream stage on Sunday, April 28th between 11:00am and 4:00pm, depending on the amount of entries received. The top scoring 5 contestants will compete in the finals on Sunday, April 28th at approximately 4:15pm.
10. A contestant may only perform as a solo act, and no duets or group performances will be permitted.
11. Contestants MAY NOT utilize live props, back-up singers, dancers or animals. Non human props such as costumes and other accessories are permitted.
Contestants may accompany themselves or have one accompaniment of a live musical instrument.
12. Contestants must supply their own background tracks on a single CD or thumb drive, or provide a digital device with the track queued for playback. The Audio Technician will only press "play" on any device provided. Background music must be clear of lead vocal singers, only musical band instruments are acceptable and light harmonies.
13. Contestants are not permitted to leave the stage or stage area during their performance. This includes singing or performing within the audience.
14. The time limit for each contestant is 3 minutes. More than one song may be sung within the 3 minutes. No changing of CD’s or thumb drive will be allowed. If more than one song, they must be on the same CD and be somewhat continuous. Songs going over 3 minutes will be shut off. Judges will be instructed to not deduct points due to a song being shut off.
15. Contestants may sing the same song as another contestant.
16. No changes in song choice may be made once the contestant has delivered the background CD or thumb drive to the sound person. CD’s or thumb drive must be given to the adios's technician 30 minutes prior to their performance. For the sake of the other contestants and keeping the flow of the contest in order, please be available to perform one hour prior to your audition time. If not you could forfeit your turn and possibly be disqualified. Also - when entering and exiting the stage, please be prompt.
17. Songs containing vulgar or explicit sexual lyrics will not be allowed. Contestants who during their performance, use any obscene, offensive, sexual or otherwise inappropriate behavior or gestures, including without limitation those referencing or depicting violence, nudity or explicit activity. Or which are not in the spirit of the contest or do not meet MESO Healthy standards for any reason, as determined by MESO Healthy will be disqualified from the competition.
18. Contestants and their families are not allowed to have contact with any contest judge before or during the competition. Contact includes verbal conversations and handshakes. Please don’t hang out in back of or around the judge’s area.
19. Contestants, and/or their family or associates who exhibit offensive behavior during any portion of the contest may result in the disqualification of that contestant from further competition. Offensive behavior includes poor sportsmanship, bad manners, and lack of decorum.
20. The order in which each contestant competes in the finals shall be determined by a random drawing. If chosen as one of the top 5 finalist, you must submit a new song choice on a separate CD or thumb drive for the finals. Contestants therefore, must be prepared in case they are chosen as a finalist. Contestants may not repeat a song they have previously sung in their audition. The same rules & regulations that apply in the auditions will apply in the finals.
21. Contestants will be scored using a 50-point system:
* Vocal Ability (rhythm/pitch/phrasing): 1-30 points
* Stage Presence (movement/confidence/command): 1-10 points
* Appearance (costume/attire): 1-10 points
22. All decisions and interpretations regarding the contest, its rules, and the selection of the winner remain with the judges, MESO Healthy employees and its agents, and representatives, and are final.
23. The overall winner will receive $1,000 Cash:, a meeting (in person or by phone) with an entertainment industry manager (No cash value), an opportunity to record the MESO Healthy jingle or song in a studio atmosphere (No cash value) and the opportunity to sing (1) one song at the MTV Movie Awards gift suite on June 17th in Los Angeles (No Cash Value).
24. In the event of a tie the Prizes will be split between the winner.
25. MESO Healthy has the rights to substitute the prize package with similar valued prizes at their sole discretion.
26. The odds of winning will depend on the number of contestants and the quality of their performances.
27. The winner will be selected, and then announced, immediately following the finals of the contest and after the scores has been calculated.